Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Get Jolted!

Dear Citizens of Somewhere,

JOLTED? No, it's not a new pop. Or a new dance. JOLTED is my latest soon-to-be released book. To celebrate the Canadian launch of JOLTED: Newton Starker's Rules for Survival, I'm giving away a copy of the book. It's not on bookstore shelves, but I've got my copies! You could have one, too. Wow. You could read the book before anyone else (except me, and my editors, my agent, and a few reviewers, the postperson, and my wife). The book will be released to the public August 19th in Canada and March 2009 in the US. JOLTED is all about a young man who must spend his life dodging lightning. He goes to a survival school in Moose Jaw to learn how. He also has a magic pig for a friend. Doesn't everyone? Here's the cover:





All you have to do to win the book is post an answer to this skill testing question (on or before August 18th, 2008): what does it feel like to be hit by lightning? Please post your answer at my other blog address: http://arthurslade.livejournal.com/The most creative answer will win. Or else I'll have my magic pig choose the answer. Her name is Josephine, BTW.

All the best,
Art

No comments: