Friday, November 27, 2015

Space Adventure! MINRS review

IMG_5234 (4)
Ah, this book had me at hello. That is...if hello means space adventure. I grew up reading Heinlein and Asimov and Arthur C. Clarke and still love to expand my mind with the latest science fiction. But I just haven't seen enough of this type of writing for younger audiences. Well MINRS by Kevin Sylvester fills that void. Or space. Or black hole. A wonderful sense of action, science that's interesting (yet doesn't slow down the plot) and a great variety of characters. The characters are the children of miners who work on Perses, a planetoid that earth is mining. Just the whole idea of living on (and inside) a planetoid is interesting enough but then the bombs begin to fall from space and... ...anyway I don't want to give away too much. Just hold onto your space helmets. It's a wild ride...

 Art

No comments: